Economical and practice-oriented training for train controllers and dispatchers
Smooth and safe railway operations - this is the task of the staff in interlockings and control centres. It is also a great responsibility. To help staff achieve trouble-free operation they are supported by complex control and safety systems. But do they know what to do if technology fails? What measures have to be taken when trains deviate from schedule, e.g. due to delays? The high density of rail traffic demands fast and confident reactions. Train controllers and dispatchers must therefore receive training which prepares them to deal with all possible situations so that they can manage disruptions in operation quickly and appropriately.
For this training purposes Funkwerk offers an economic concept for realistic simulation of interlocking operation. The simulation is adapted for all interlocking designs and manufacturer-independent.
The very best training with realistic simulation
With it's modular structure the BEST training system can simulate all functions performed by interlockings including those of external installations (signals, points etc.) and of course any train or shunting movements defined by the user. The simulation programme has a wide repertoire of technical and operational malfunctions, accidents and hazards which provides optimal training of staff for their daily work and enables them to master every situation with confidence.
The simulation system covers the following training phases:
• Interlocking operation and operations processes
• Operations regulations
Preliminary Training for New Interlockings
• Training prior to commissioning of new interlockings
• New functions and operations processes
• Regular stress training and incident management
• Re-training after errors and non-compliance with regulations
The advantages of the BEST training system:
- Separation of commissioning and training
- All functions can be trained long before an interlocking goes into service
- Interlocking and train operations are not affected
- Hazard-free training of incidents and stress handling
- Shorter training periods which can be planned without restriction
- Reduction of expensive temporary alternative measures
- Independent of manufacturer and interlocking type
- Training is of higher quality